Feminism is having a wardrobe malfunction.
Does your brand of feminism remove barriers for women, or simply move them around? Does is expand options for women, or does it just shift them? You don’t liberate women by forcing them to choose option B instead of option A. What is comfortable for you might not be comfortable for someone else, and it’s entirely possible that what you see as oppressive, other women find comfortable or even downright liberating.
Before you think the girl in the middle is a strawman, let me tell you I used to be her, back in my misguided youth. I considered myself the standard to which other people should adhere. But that was stupid. It’s not up to me to tell people how to dress, and it’s much nicer to let everyone choose for themselves.
Some women would feel naked without a veil. Some women would find it restrictive. Some women would feel restricted by a bra. Some women would feel naked without one. Some women would feel restricted by a tight corset. Others love them. Some wear lots of clothes with a corset. Some only wear the corset and nothing else. What makes any article of clothing oppressive is someone forcing you to wear it. And it’s just as oppressive to force someone not to wear something that they want to wear.
Send a number and I’ll draw my OC:
- In what they normally wear
- In what I’m currently wearing
- In a school uniform
- In swimwear
- In underwear
- With no clothes on
- In winter clothes
- In fancy clothes
- Making 3 different expressions
- Standing on their hands
- With their favorite animal
- Hanging out with a friend
- Sitting on the couch
- Doing something they don’t normally do
- Playing a sport
- Beaten up
- As a kid/adult
- Wearing a funny hat
So here it is - a small accumulation of items that haven’t worked for me, but may work for you!
A Tk Scents & Dresses Give-Away!
- Three black cotton dresses - one long sleeve with asymetical collar (featured), one long sleeve with diagonal high-low hem and collar bone cutout, one long sleeve with mesh sleeves and upper. All size S/M, All very stretchy, All above-knee. Some have been washed, but none have been worn.
- Two black nylon dresses - One v-neck shift with flouncing waist, One a-line with round neck and petal shoulders. Both size S, both have some stretch, both above-knee. Never washed or worn.
- One cream chiffon high-low button up dress with waist tie. Size S. Never washed or worn.
One grey cotton cardigan with wrapping waist tie. Size S. Washed but not worn.
- Boxed set of three Aroma Boutique fine fragranced candles in Vanilla Jasmine Sandlewood. New.
- Bottle of Lightening perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (fresh - bottled one month ago, unused beyond initial test) and thirteen BPAL Imps (tested): Dorian, Dee, Blood Pearl, Tavern of Hell, Casanova, Desire, Skuld, Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener, Blood Kiss, Hellfire, Cobra Lily, Blood Amber, Maenad.
- One silver-toned claw bracelet.
Rules and stuff:
- This give away is for my followers. (as in, you must be following me if you want to play)
- No give away blogs, inactive blogs, or private blogs.
- Do not remove the text.
- Reblogs all count - no limit.
- You must have your ask box open.
- Free shipping to US and Canada.
- Ends 8pm cali time on March 13th
- Winner will be chosen by random
- If winner does not respond to my “huzzah! you’ve won!” message within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen, whamp whamp.
I was way too busy/tired to take a photo of each clothing item - I’m giving these away not selling them, so please don’t message me asking for detailed photos, thank you.